Hi Rich and Dave...

Thanks for the responses.  Rich, your solution worked.  I needed a
combination of delaying a one frame *and* a doLater.  I was doing just
either or, but it was needing both, although I have no idea why.  I
would have thought the doLater was automatically "scheduled" to fire
without any onEnterFrame.  I suppose the component needs a frame to even
be able to register a doLater.

_root.panelBG.onEnterFrame = function() {
_root.panelBG.sp.doLater(_root, "displayCorrectFrame");
        delete _root.panelBG.onEnterFrame;
};

Thanks!
- Michael M.