Hi Doug,

I would recommend looking up and using "scrollRect" especially if
there is a chance you will be scrolling through large amounts of text.

i recall there being a nice scrolling example on ifbin (free and open
now), created by guy watson, if i'm not mistaken.  It involved
scrollRect and filters...

http://www.ifbin.com/

hope this helps some,
Dunc