Absolutely perfect. Thanks a lot for helping with this...

Sincerely,

!k

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Helen Triolo
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 4:55 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Space Clips in Circle

3 days with no success sounds way too familiar...  but I can do clips on
a circle, I think.  With a clip in the library, this will attach it n
times (starting at depth d) around a circle of radius r centered at x, y:

function placeOnCircle(n:Number, r:Number, x:Number, y:Number,
clipid:String, attachTo:MovieClip, d:Number) {
    // get # of radians for each segment
    var segment:Number = 2 * Math.PI / n;
    for (var i=0; i<n; i++) {
        attachTo.attachMovie(clipid, clipid+i, d+i, {_x:x + r *
Math.cos(segment*i), _y:y + r * Math.sin(segment*i)});
placeOnCircle(12, 100, 200, 200, "pt", this, 1);

Helen

--
http://flash-creations.com
http://i-technica.com