I went through the whole "WSIWYG text editor in Flash" programming thing
in Flash 8 recently.  I ended up figuring out that using the TextFormat
class is the only really viable/sane way to go.  It works pretty well,
but some things like fighting with the Selection object were a royal
pain.  But it is do-able, I dun it.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions

I ended up