There is a limit. But I wasn't able to find any documentation about it.
On the MDM forums somedy claim "the limit could be" 64KB.
What I do is the following:

1. save an empty file using *savefile* or *savefileunicode*,
2. brake up my string into chunks of about 32KB. (I tried 64KB and it didn't work) 3. Use the *appendfile *or *appendfileunicode* functions in a loop, once for each chunk of text.

The bad news is that it takes about 10-15 seconds to save a 250KB file on my Pentium IV 3GHz.

cheers,
JulianG

grimmwerks wrote:
I've got a list of items that have a lot of stylized text and I'm
saving the items to an xml/text file: is there a 50k limit or
something?