ok -  still with this app.

I have a map that I'm loading externally - map.swf. In it I'm setting
all kinds of stuff using

_global.gMap....(all kinds of functions)

The main swf that loads in this clip, once it's loaded with a
moviecliploader -- I try to trigger one of the functions via
gMap.showMap() - but the loaded movieclip doesn't trigger anything,
though it IS loaded.

I thought globals were globals - if a loaded clip creates a new
_global object, that the parent clip could trigger it as well?