Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] There is no method with the name 'super'

The reason why your error goes away is because the movieclip on the stage is not extended by 'RectangleExt' and the class is never loaded. So there is no error.

Some findings:

- the only way to get rid off the error is to completely remove all the
actionscript on the frames.
- Compiling in Mtasc will remove the error
- Running without the actionscript on the frames works fine (and i can use all the functionality of the rectangle class) So extending intrinsic classes is possible
- It is not just the Rectangle class, other classes like Point for example will
give the same error

my conclusion: There is a serious bug in the Flash compiler.

but i am open for suggestions.

--
regards,

Quinten