no, it works well enough on firefox + safari*.

the decreased performance is true, but i beleive that's across all platforms.. it's just more noticeable on osx because it's already that much slower than PC in some cases.

but just using the param by no means would make a movie not show up at all.

* only with flash player 7 or higher on safari, fp6 doesn't support it