Perhaps it is easier if I explain what I need:

I am rewriting some Java code into AS2.

Basically I have a class called Connect4State

class Connect4State {

        public function Connect4State() {

                //  -------------------------
                // Initialize the board array
                // --------------------------

                board = new Array();

                code goes here

                // --------------------------
                // Initialize the score array
                // --------------------------

                score = new Array();

                code goes  here
        }

        public var board:Array; // A 7 by 6 two dimensional array of
integers representing the state of game

        public var score:Array; // A 2 dimensional array of integers
representing the "score" for the players

}

The Java code has a function called a "Copy Constructor" that enables you to
create new objects that are copies of existing objects. The copy constructor
for Connect4State just copies the contents of each member variable. It is
necessary to have a copy constructor for Connect4State because the AI
algorithms use temporary state objects a great deal

This is the "copy constructor" code translated to AS2

        public function Connect4State(state:Connect4State) {

                // --------------
                // Copy the board
                // --------------

                board = new Array();

                for (var i:Number = 0; i < 7; i++) {

                        board[i] = new Array();

                        for (j:Number = 0; j < 6; j++) {

                                board[i][j] = state.board[i][j];

                // ---------------
                // Copy the scores

                for (var i:Number = 0; i < 2; i++) {

                        score = new Array();

                        for (var j:Number = 0; j < winPlaces; j++) {

                                score[i][j] = state.score[i][j];
                                numPieces = state.numPieces;

AS2 seems not to like this as I get the following error

A class must have only one constructor.
        public function Connect4State(state:Connect4State)

Anyone suggest an alternative to this "Copy Constructor"?