-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Sacks
Sent: 07 November 2006 19:29
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Freelancer Class

> I know I don't have to.
> But I think the code is more clear that way.

Classes will not compile if you try to access variables that are not
declared in the class.  So by accessing a variable, it is inherently
referring to "this" because it absolutely must be, thus that particular
use of "this" is redundant and a remnant of the days of AS1 classes
(prototype) and maintaining scope within them.

That's not to say "this" doesn't have its place, but since its place is
more refined now, I find it's more important to reserve its use for
those times so it stands out that much more.  However, everyone has
their own style and if using "this" gives you warm fuzzies, then who am
I or anyone to take that away from you?  :)