ok, i figured it out.

it works if i make reference to where the function is.

this.function();
_parent.function();

if i just call the function:

function();

it is where I was getting stuck, but it all works now.

On 11/10/06, Helmut Granda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have several classes that will use a function. for scope reasons i have
placed the function in a different file but i would like to be able to
access that file from within the classes.

If the function has been declared outside the class, what is the best way
to accces those functions?

sample:

utils.controls:
classA
classB

utils/functions:
functionA
functionB

main timeline:
include functionA
include functionB

now I would like to access functionA or functionB within the class...

TIA

--
...helmut

--