Object.registerClass is used to register types for a variety of purposes, shared objects, local connections and remoting apart from the MC / class link usage.

Did you register the class at both ends? and are you sure its compiled into both movies?

check this post from the archive

http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/pipermail/flashcoders/2004-November/126008.html

its a good guide to local connection and registerClass.

PR Durand wrote:
Nope... it seems that object.registerClass remains a link between AS1 class and a movieClip...
I can't get my object pass through the localConnection... :(
++
PiR