The main class file is ... well the main class. You can define it like David said. (file -> publish settings -> and so on). It's not a special kind of class, it's just a normal one that has to extend MovieClip.

This main class , when you choose to use it, will be constructed first, it's the entrypoint into the application. Just make sure it extends MovieClip or else it won't work...

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Buff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Letting go of AS2 for AS3

Hi

I didn't try yet to code in AS3 with Flash9. I choose to develop with Flex2. I don't know now all about AS3 but:

With Flex, I build a kind of main class, like all other classes, but without constructor. My app in MXML (only 4 lines of code) just define what is the main class and whitch method of this class it does to call first. After that, all is in AS3. My classes and also my main class are coded in *.as files. I've seen in Flash9 that with File>Publish settings>Flash>ActionsScript version: ActionScript3.0>Settings, you can define a single "document class". It seem's to be the main class whitch start playing the swf. I tryed quickly to build an app with it, but it didn't start... sorry to can't help you more...

I hope I bring a few light in your mind...

David Buff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lori Hutchek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>