This does make a small difference but with the larger documents the increase in
witing time still exists after you first load in a flash paper document.

I did try to get two flash paper documents on screen at the same time using
different movieclips.  The result was interesting...the first clip got removed
automatically from screen.  This could be what is causing the delay, a check
for other instances of flashpaper perhaps?

Who knows...maybe Adobe have a fix for FP3.

Cheers,
Tom