-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of eka
Sent: donderdag 23 november 2006 15:10
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Q:JSON vs XML advantages

Hello :)

JSON is speed !! the xml parser is slow !

With JSON your objects are typed.. in XML all properties, attributes,
are String values only.

You can try to compare 2 big files in XML and JSON to see the difference
:)

For me JSON is good but EDEN is better ;) Eden is like JSON but you can
instanciate your customs objects, securize the datas etc....

You can compare JSON and EDEN in my openSource framework :
http://vegas.riaforge.org/

1 - dowload with the zip or the SVN my framework

2 - install the src folder in flash in your ActionScript preference
list.

3 - Try the example in VEGAS and this extension ASGard :

(JSON)
http://vegas.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.svnbrowse&path=%2FAS2%2Ft
runk%2Fbin%2Ftest%2Fvegas/string

(EDEN)
http://vegas.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.svnbrowse&path=%2FAS2%2Ft
runk%2Fbin%2Ftest%2Fasgard/net

(Config tool with EDEN or JSON loader)
http://vegas.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.svnbrowse&path=%2FAS2%2Ft
runk%2Fbin%2Ftest%2Fasgard/config

(Localization tool with Eden or JSON loader)
http://vegas.riaforge.org/index.cfm?event=page.svnbrowse&path=%2FAS2%2Ft
runk%2Fbin%2Ftest%2Fasgard/system

PS : all examples are in the AS2/trunk/bin/test/ directory

EKA+ :)

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com