Hello :)

Your code is cut ??? where is the declaration of the xml etc ?

You can try to use mx.utils.Delegate to create a proxy between the onLoad
event of the reference and a method in your class with the scope of the
current instance :

import mx.utils.Delegate ;

class Loader
{

   /**
    * Creates a new Loader.
    */
   function Loader()
   {
       super() ;

       lv = new LoadVars() ;

       x = new XML() ;
       x.onLoad = Delegate.create(this, _test) ;

   }

   /**
    * The LoadVars reference of this loader.
    */
   public var lv:LoadVars ;

   /**
    * The XML reference of this loader.
    */
   public var x:XML ;

   /**
    * Trigger the loader.
    */
   public function trigger( url ):Void
   {
       lv.sendAndLoad( url , x ) ;
   }

   /**
    * Returns the string representation of the object.
    */
   public function toString():String
   {
       return "[Loader]" ;
   }

   /**
    * Internal method to test the result
    */
   private function _test( success:Boolean )
   {
       trace("> " + this + " test : " + success);
       trace("> " + this + " xml  : " + x ) ;
       // continue your test here !

EKA+ :)