I can't comment on someone else's code, but even in that example I was
getting 500 fps on my 4 year old computer. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

Scott

On 07/12/06, Christian Giordano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > I recently completed a project using LWJGL (http://www.lwjgl.org) and it
> was blistering fast. In fact, I'm going to be open-sourcing it
> sometime today if you're interested. It was a game, but I wrote lots
> of code that could be applied anywhere, including tweening and shape
> primitive drawing tools.

I had a look to the typical gear example, and I have to say that it
REALLY sucks, comparing to the one I see recently done in Ruby + OpenGL
(here the .exe: http://nuthinking.com/temp/gears.rar).

The code seems fine but it is way too cranky, I'm wondering if it is a
performance issue then. I didn't do the gear in Processing, but I don't
think it can go worse than that.

chr