On 12/11/06, Sascha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would be interested in recommendations about what kind of data structure
is best used in the following situation.
I'm loading in a XML file with a typical recursive structure, then the data
from it should be parsed into a data storage object and this data should be
accessible globally through the application. The XML file has a structure
like this:
[snipped]

The e4x functions make dealing with XML objects soooo nice that I
don't see any particular reason to convert it to something else.

But, if you insist, how about a data model package with classes like so:

Model
 public function get xml():XML;
 public function set xml(value:XML):void

ResourceList extends Model
 public function getDisplay(type:uint):Display;
 public function get data():Data;
 override public function set xml(value:XML):void

Display extends Model
 public function get propertyCount():uint;
 public function get backgroundCount():uint;
 public function get objectCount():uint;
 public function getProperty(index:uint):Property;
 public function getBackground(index:uint):Background;
 public function getObject(index:uint):DisplayObject;
 override public function set xml(value:XML):void

... so on and so forth....

--
T. Michael Keesey
The Dinosauricon: http://dino.lm.com