looks like all you need is a FLVPlayback component. (in Flash8) or Media
Playback component (in Flash MX 2004)

Open up the components panel - Window menu > components. And its right
there.

~Arul Prasad.

On 12/18/06, John DuQuette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is it possible to dynamically load flv video files from a server into
a video object that is inside a movie clip, and then control that flv
video via the Movie Clip that holds it... making use of goto play
stop and _currentframe.

I am trying to figure out how hard to convert our convert video
application, which loads .swf formatted flash video using
movieclip.loadmovie() and manipulates them at the frame level using
MovieClip commands... if it's possible to load .flv files into the
same movieclips dynamically and control these .flv videos with
commands the same, or slighlty modified, as we know use to control
dynamically loaded .swf video and audio files.

i know this is possible if loading the .flv directly into the .fla
before publishing it, but what about when bringing in the flv
dynamically from the server?

any insights?

Arul Prasad
http://arulprasad.blogspot.com