Haydn,
It seems that your code attaches the 'game' under the same instance name....
You should test the presence of a previous game and remove it before
attaching a new one:

if (_root.game != undefined) {
 _root.game.removeMovieClip();
}
_root.attachMovie("gameMC", "game", depth);

Also, it's possible to have several mc with the same name, but you will only
be able to control the first you've created... I guess the for..loop spits
duplicate movieclip names because the internal mc "key" isn't its name.