SSB> a && b -- returns true if a and b are both true, false otherwise

By my tests a && b returns b if a and b are both resolves true. If a
and/or b resolves false then it returns that value, which is first
resolves false:

if a is false and b is false => a
if a is false and b is true => a
if a is true and b is false => b

So, I think that || and && work similarly - they return that value,
which first makes the condition decidable, and although during the
condition's evaluation the values are converted to boolean, the
returned value is the original one. And it works exactly by that way
in conditional statements (if, etc) but the type and value of the
expression's result remains "hidden", since it will be immediately
converted to boolean once again. It can be shown by placing an
assignment inside the if's condition:

  if (c = a || b)
  if (c = a && b)

  Attila