Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: [Flashcoders] Switching sound between boxes and headphones

Hi Dennis,

This sounds like you won't able to do a Flash only trick. But when it's a project you can indeed make use of .NET you might want to look at the Mixer or SoundMapper functionality which comes with the Multimedia API [1,2, 3, 4] of Windows. This makes it possible to tell to which audio device (input or output) the sound should be redirected too. Good luck ;-)

p.s. Maybe you can use Managed DirectX when using .NET. I have to admit I haven't done much music stuff, though. Maybe it's just easier to change the (audio) settings in the registry temporarily, though.

[1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712115.aspx
[2] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms712123.aspx

Yours,
Weyert de Boer
Hey Weyert,

It's for a projecter..
It will be shown on a computer of my own.. on a presentation location.
At the location users have to have the possibility to switch between boxes and a headphone.. preferable by flash instead of a hardware switch.

The only thing running is flash.. so that sound is enough.. and even if it's only an incomming mic-stream from fms.. would make me very happy :-D

We'r looking into .NET sollutions right now.. but avoiding it is always better:)

Any suggestions?

With kind regards,

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: "Weyert de Boer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 10:10 AM

Hi Dennis,

Do you want to switch all the sound of the computer or only the sound that Flash creates? And does it have to be into a webbrowser or is more a projector that requires it?

Yours,
Weyert de Boer