Thanks very much Stefan.  I had been suspecting that would be the way to
do it.  I appreciate your post.

- MM

Hi Michael,

I face the same problem you're describing: most of my UI controls are
in a shared SWF (source.swf), which is then used by several of my
"dest.swf" files.

I did some testing, and found it impossible to do a preloader with a
progress bar for (or within) dest.swf that takes into account the
metaloader.swf with two progress bars. I first load source.swf and
indicate the progress on the first progress bar. Upon onLoadComplete I
start loading dest.swf.

The playhead then hits frame 1 and attempts to load source.swf. As
this file is now already cached locally, dest.swf progresses to frame
2 with virtually no shared-library-caused delay.

HTH,
 stefan.