id stick to 'complex' in general because the word composite to me refers to the composite pattern [1]. Although movieclip is an example of the composite pattern and a complex object, so you could use both.

There's also the usage of 'composition' (vs. inheritance) [2] which is a way of
creating complex data types, but not necessarily composites.

its a mine field out there :)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_pattern
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_(computer_science)

Stephen Ford wrote:
Do you refer to the following datatypes (arrays, objects, movieclips, etc) as
complex or composite.I'm finding references that use both terms.Not a biggie,
but would like to hear

--
Martin Wood-Mitrovski

http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon