I am a strong believer of the power of OOP, but recently came across the following blog posts that argue for the advantges, and some would say supremacy of functional over imperative/procedural and OOP programming.

http://blog.lostlake.org/index.php?/archives/18-Functional-languages- will-rule.html

http://www.developerdotstar.com/community/node/544

I think the best approach would be to find a way to gain the advantages of functional based programming while keeping the easy-to- understand OOP metaphor.

Is Actionscript ideally suited for functional programming?

Can someone give/point me to some examples?

Thanks again
Jim Bachalo