Does anyone know if it would be possible to have a browser based audio
recorder within flash that would allow a user to use their microphone to
record what they were saying as an MP3?  Security issues within browsers
make me think that it would be very difficult to achieve this.

If it's possible I may be asked to incorporate it into a piece of
language eLearning for users to send spoken recordings to tutors for
marking as part of a course.

The only items I've seen have mentioned use of a Flash Comms server, but
I haven't had any experience in the area of audio recording with Flash
as yet.

Many thanks.

Gareth Hudson.