Andy,

  U guessed it right, simaltaneous code processing do occur in this case.

  app1 --sends to -> master swf --broadcasts to--> app2.
                                              |-- broadcasts to > app3

  When app1 sends out data, lot of codes get executed simaltaneously in app1,
app2 and app3...

  Flash's threading model could be the explanation...

  thanks,

  Arindam

Andy Herrman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  I've noticed delays in my application, but I'm not sure if they're the
same as yours.

The delays I've seen seem to stem from Flash's threading model
(specifically, being single-threaded). Depending on the timing of the
messages you're sending/receiving, especially if you have a lot of
movies, sometimes the process one movie is doing will delay the
handling/receipt of messages by another movie. That might not be
relevant here, but it's possible. When the delay happens, are any of
your movies doing any kind of processing?

-Andy