It probably depends on how complicated the thing you're replacing is.

I'm doing something similar with the VEGAS library.  I have a simple
logging class that I wrote as a central place to do logs, but needed
to extend it a lot.  The logging framework in VEGAS is just about
exactly what I needed, so I'm switching to using that.  In order to
make it work with my old code I'm reimplementing my Logger class such
that it uses the VEGAS framework under the hood, so the Logger class I
have basically acts as a proxy to the VEGAS stuff.  All the old code
still works, since the Logger class still exists with the same
interface, but it uses the new library under the hood.

Then, all new code I write will just directly use the VEGAS stuff, and
as I need to modify the old code (or whenever I have time), the old
stuff can be slowly migrated to use the new library.

  -Andy

Hi
I'm very much interested in exploring several popular flash frameworks,
especially PixLib, but am wondering if there is a way to adopt and integrate
legacy class code with these new frameworks.

In adopting a new flash framework, does it necessarilly mean starting 'from
scratch' in developing a new class library?

[e] jbach at bitstream.ca
[c] 416.668.0034
[w] www.bitstream.ca