Hi,
maybe a dumm question but would it be off limits to express this
changing-behaviour in the interface?
For example in such an object as you are describing, you could add a method
setResizeBehaviour(r:ResizeBehaviorImpl) (in pseudo then).
Then you can change a certain type of behavior at runtime and it is explicit
in the interface. Assuming you don't want to use decorator that is.
Or is this not done?

greetz
JC

On 1/30/07, T. Michael Keesey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/29/07, David Ham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> startObjectDrag triggered by     obj_mc.onPress
> checkForSnap    triggered by    setInterval or onEnterFrame type of
event,
> in this case onObjectDrag
> stopObjectDrag  triggered by    obj_mc.onRelease

This looks more like the Broadcaster pattern or the Event Dispatcher
(a.k.a. Observer) pattern than Decorator.

(Also, it might be better to tie checkForSnap to mouseMove.)

Personally, I'm not a big fan of mix-ins because, well, they're kind
of sloppy. They involve tinkering with stuff that should be off-limits
(and is in AS3, I think). Using mix-ins, you could accidentally use a
non-function as a function. That can't happen if you stick to
strictly-typed programming.
--
T. Michael Keesey