Thanks Andy and Hans for sharing your solutions. I like both of them
and will implement one of them...not sure yet which one, though.
stefan.

On 1/26/07, Hans Wichman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
we use a ButtonTooltipWrapper thingy.
Basicly you do:
new Tooltip (myButton, "myTooltip", [hitArea])

it creates an empty movieclip, with the button as hitArea. All events that
are not triggered on this clip are used to show/hide tooltip and then
dispatched to lower lying button. Still tweaking it, but the basic principle
works ok for us.

greetz
JC