-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Ham
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 7:02 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Flair Pattern bad mixins good (?)

> Been a while since I've posted here, a few years I think. I miss
> the geek
> tangents / debates. =)

Good man! Seriously, the world affords precious few opportunities to
truly geek out on design patterns and such. Internet mailing lists
excepted of course.

I have the Head First Design Patterns book, and I have to say I like
it, in spite of its profusion of clip art and cheesy humor. Despite
these stylistic affronts, it presents the material in a way that is
easy to learn.

What's the consensus on the GoF book? I know it's a classic, but so
is Ulysses and dog if I can read that. I don't have a CS background--
Flash is about as far as my programming expertise extends--so the
Head First style works for me. Is GoF accessible for people who don't
program in C++?

OK
DAH