most likely it is the "<font face='someFont'>" and "</font>" that are
making up the extra characters. if you were to trace the text, not
htmlText you'll see that.

On 2/2/07, PR Durand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi list!

I have a text in a value, the text length is 502, I fill my htmlText
with it, the htmlText.length is 651.

Now I get the same text content from an xml file, within a CDATA node.
trace (myNode.nodeValue.length)   // outputs 502, ok

I pass it through a localConnection to another flash, then I trace it
trace (receivedText.length) // outputs 502, still ok

I fill my html enabled textfield with my content :
myTF.htmlText = receivedText;
trace (myTF.htmlText.textLength);  // Outputs 762 !!!

what are those 111 new caracters??? they don't appear, but make my
scroller appear :(

any idea please?
++
PiR