I am currently building a large-scale Flash application. I had been
testing with the v8.something plugin. During beta customers were
complaining about crashes and I've finally tracked it down.

I'm connecting to a custom message bus using an XMLSocket. When the
remote end closes the connection (when we have to restart the message
bus, as it's also beta quality) the Flash 8 plugin calls my onClose
handler. The flash 9 plugin however brings down the entire browser.
Backtraces have a call to EnforceLocalSecurity in common.

Has anyone seen this? Does anyone have a workaround or further question
to help me track this down? I haven't seen anything in the results of a
google query and I have confirmed this behavior in the latest Flash
plugin (at least for the Mac).

Thanks in advance, I'm a new subscriber but these archives have come in
handy several times when they came up in google queries. You guys seem
to be the  most intelligent group of flash developers in a single spot.

Daniel