We have an AS3 project, which requires a long sound to be strictly synced to
the animation.  We build the assets SWF using Flash 8, then embed the assets
via AS3 and do the usual MXMLC compile to build.

If there is a movieclip asset that has a sound on the timeline, and that
sound is set to STREAM, the movieclip does not display.  Switch that sound
to EVENT, and everything works, though the sound gets out of sync
eventually.

Does AS3 break timeline-streamed sounds?

--
andy makely