I have a WebServiceConnector, a DataSet and a DataGrid.

I wish to display in the DataGrid only some of the fields that are read in by
the WebServiceConnector, and I want the names displayed at the top of the
columns to be different from the names used internally within the data. I have
just discovered the Rearrange Fields formatter, and ostensibly it seems to be
just what I need, applied on the binding into the DataGrid. Unfortunately I
can't get it to work.

I can successfully bind WebServiceConnector.results-->DataGrid.dataProvider
using a Rearrange Fields formatter.

I can successfully bind
WebServiceConnector.results-->DataSet.dataProvider-->DataGrid.dataProvider
without a formatter.

However, when I try to apply a Rearrange Fields formatter to the binding
between the DataSet.dataProvider and DataGrid.dataProvider, the fields of the
DataGrid are blank; the column names do appear, but they are the original
names, not the new ones specified by the formatter.

(I have added to the schema of the DataSet the variables that are received from
the WebServiceConnector).

I am aware that there are other techniques available to achieve what I want; my
aim is to try to understand the component architecture and what it is capable
of. I am hoping to accomplish this just by using the the tabs on the Component
Inspector, without resort to ActionScript.

So what is the situation?
1. I am mistaken in expecting Rearrange Fields to work beween
DataSet.dataProvider and DataGrid.dataProvider at all
2. It does work, but I haven't understood how to implement it properly.
3. It ought to work but it doesn't because of a defect in the components.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Andy