So I uploaded the same files (with the random query string attached to the
filename for loading) to a server and tried it remotely, and the swfs were
loaded, and reloaded again -- it did not appear to have fetched it from
cache the second time.

However, the same problem persists: recursion error.

It seems so illogical. And so frustrating.