Thanks for the reply... I tried what you're suggesting and still see the problem. I decided to make a quick example to see if anyone can see a problem in what I'm doing (and a demonstration of said funkiness.) This is out of context, so I think it's working okay as a demo. The code is included in case it sheds any light... the sample is pulled right out of my app, so it's the same controller I'm using (out of context, so there were tweaks to get it working standalone.)

http://www.gamedevschool.com/samples/flashcoders/dragproblems/dragproblems.html

Code:
http://www.gamedevschool.com/samples/flashcoders/dragproblems/dragproblems.zip

Thanks for any more insights!
Paul

Mick G wrote:
Perhaps it's doing some rounding because your mouse is sitting on half
pixels and it's not noticeable to the eye (if that's even possible). Have you tried putting a Math.ceil around the _x values to see if it helps always
round the value up?