-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Herrman
Sent: 08 March 2007 13:44
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] Flash training suggestions

Resending as this bounced the first time I tried (so if you already
saw this, sorry!):

I'm looking for some suggestions on Flash training classes.  My Flash
devel knowledge is in a somewhat interesting state in that I know the
basics and some advanced parts of AS2 programming, but don't really
know much at all about using Flash itself (timeline, creating UI
objects in the FLA, etc).

I've found a few training courses that I could go to, but the ones
that look useful to me (the more advanced programming ones) have
prereqs of the simpler classes, where most of the material is stuff I
already know, with just a few things that I don't.

For instance, this class:
http://www.trainsimple.com/courses/advanceddesign.html
has a lot of things I'd like to learn (Tween, extending MovieClip) but
has prereqs requiring both basic AS knowledge which I have and basic
Flash design stuff ("Rich Content Creation), which I don't have.  I
don't know if I'd be able to get the company to have me take more than
one training course in the near term, and for what I'm doing the
advanced class would be much more useful, but I'm not sure if I would
have trouble in it due to not knowing the design stuff.

Has anyone here been in a similar situation and found training that
was helpful without duplicating a lot of what you already knew?  Does
anyone have any suggestions on training courses that would be good, or
even just training companies that people have found to be good?

Thanks!

   -Andy