1 (works): From a browser, this returns valid XML with geocode information:

http://api.local.yahoo.com/MapsService/V1/geocode?state=MD&city=Derwood&street=16101%20Frederick%20Road&appid=anyid

(doesn't seem to care what appid is used)

2 (works): Testing within the Flash 8 IDE, I can use loadVars to call that script (with those parameters set) and an XML onload routine to retrieve them -- works fine.

3 (doesn't work): When I publish and run it from a swf in an html page in the browser, I get an XML read error (the parameter passed to my xml onload routine is false).

What could be causing the XML read/parse error in 3? (doesn't work with a valid appid either)

Helen

--
http://flash-creations.com
http://i-technica.com