FYI

I found out what was causing the crash. It was the Perian component for
Quicktime. I removed it from the /Library/Quicktime/ folder, and everything
works fine now.

Perian is a QT component that enables Quicktime to read FLVs (and other
formats), but somehow it seems like it conflicts with Flash when importing
FLVs with alpha and audio.