I disagree.  'Current' infers 'final release', not preview beta's.

For me (and many of my peers) Current AS version is 2 for Flash.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: 12 March 2007 17:41
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Extending buttons interface

>>Depends on whether you're using Flex or Flash. Flash 9 hasn't been
>>released, after all, even if the player and Flex Builder 2 have.

No it doesn't, any owner of Flash 8 can use the Flash 9 AS3 preview to
compile projects - not just test projects, real projects which are legal,
and target the Flash 9 player.  You're right in that Flash 9 has not been
released yet, but the Flash 9 AS3 Preview has, so the current version of AS
is indeed 3.0 as any owner of Flash 8 can download F9 Preview and write
content in AS 3 and compile their projects.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Global Technology & Operations
Learning & Leadership Development