Is there a way determine clip position that doesn't presume the location of
the registration point relative to clip content, or doesn't care where
nested clip content is positioned relative to the registration point? For
example, if I need to programmatically position a clip along the left edge
of the stage, without a guarantee that all items nested within the clip are
registered at positive x and y coordinates, I need to be able to identify
the top and leftmost edges of the clip.

Apparently, I've taken positioning for granted for a while now, since I
always register clip content at 0,0 for the upper left corner. I have a
situation now that violates my convention.

Thanks.

-
Jason