hi, this is the kind of thread I like it ...does anyone knows if I can send data from flash to a xml file and how this have to be(the xml)... I know how to write by myself into the xml, but I'd like to do this from flash, like sending forms to a cfm page, but instead of storing into a database, I'd like to store it into a xml file from flash.
I know this is possible, but I don't know how.

Regards

Gustavo.
On Mar 13, 2007, at 8:56 AM, tzoli wrote:

Hi!

Only if you are developing an offline application. In that case this is for
you - http://www.multidmedia.com/software/zinc/osx/

I've used it for the same task, and it was perfect.

Z.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Smeets, Ben
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:17 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] I have small doubt

Hi!

If I understand correctly, you want to edit (physically) a xml file on a
client's pc right? This is not possible without extra server side
efforts.

You can load an xml file without problems and transform that any way you
like ver easily. But when you want to store/save that new xml file
somewhere where others can access it, you need some sort of server side
script, which will do the actual saving for you.

Ben