you can solve it with reverse ordering:

object2 = attachMovie("ball_mc","ball_mc2",2);
object1 = attachMovie("ball_mc","ball_mc",1);

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Steven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:53
Subject: [Flashcoders] Order of events for function call

This may be really basic but I can't understand.

The following is a simplified version of what I am trying to achieve.

Basically I am attaching an onEnterFrame function to 2 objects, say object1
and object2.

I am attaching it to object1 first however it is calling the onEnterFrame
function for object2 first.

I would appreciate any advice on why this is happening.

When I test the movie, the "Object2 enter frame" trace is displaying first.

Here is the code for my simplified test file:

object1 = attachMovie("ball_mc","ball_mc",1);
object2 = attachMovie("ball_mc","ball_mc2",2);

object1.onEnterFrame = function() {

trace ("Object1 enter frame");

}

object2.onEnterFrame = function() {