if he's just talking about locally though i don't see the problem, he can just install red5 on the machine he wants to show the video on.

it's pretty painless to install red5 and stream off the hardrive using that. pretty sure we all have it set up like that to test stuff...

yeah red5 is for a lot more but it'll work so i don't see the problem for cedric to be honest, unless i've misunderstood of course ;)

Ramon Miguel M. Tayag wrote:
You can sure use RED5 but if all you need to do is play the video,
setting up and maintaining a server might be a lot of work.  Look into
multiple FLV file playing.  It plays a list of FLV files seamlessly,
but it has many advantages.

I know it's been done but I'm quite sure the source hasn't been
released.  I was thinking of developing one myself but haven't found
the time yet.