Hello Nel and others,

On 3/14/07, Johannes Nel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[Inspectable(defaultValue="8", type="Number")]

On 3/14/07, Alexander Farber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to create a component representing a comic-like
> chat bubble and while it mostly functions fine,
> I have a problem, that the 2 parameters here are ignored
> (full source code: http://preferans.de/flash/Bubble.as ):

sorry it takes me sometime to reply, because I only
do flash at weekends and evenings when I have time.

Your suggestion unfortunately doesn't help anything.

I have prepared a simple test case - a simple component,
with a text field inside a yellow rectangle. There is 1
inspectable value - "text", changed by 2 set/get functions.

My problem is that eventhough I see the "text" in the
component inspector (Alt-F7), changing the value there
doesn't have any effect, the initial text isn't displayed:

import mx.core.UIComponent;

/* simple component, a text field inside of yellow rectangle */
class TestCase extends UIComponent
{
        static var symbolName:String = 'TestCase';
        static var symbolOwner:Object = TestCase;
        var className:String = 'TestCase';

        private var bb_mc:MovieClip;
        private var rect_mc:MovieClip;
        private var text_txt:TextField;

        function TestCase() {
        }

        private function init():Void {
                super.init();
                bb_mc.unloadMovie();
        }

        private function createChildren():Void {
                rect_mc = this.createEmptyMovieClip('rect_mc',
this.getNextHighestDepth());
                text_txt = this.createTextField('text_txt',
this.getNextHighestDepth(), 0, 0, 20, 20);
                text_txt.autoSize = true;
                //text_txt.text = 'Only this works as default?';
                size();
        }

        // invoked when component is resized
        private function size():Void {
                super.size();
                invalidate();
        }

        // called after invalidate()
        private function draw():Void {
                super.draw();

                var w = text_txt.textWidth;
                var h = text_txt.textHeight;
                //trace(text_txt.text + ': ' + w + ' x ' + h);

                with (rect_mc) {
                        clear();
                        lineStyle(0, 0x000000, 100);
                        beginFill(0xFFFF66, 100);
                        moveTo(0, 0);
                        lineTo(w, 0);
                        lineTo(w, h);
                        lineTo(0, h);
                        lineTo(0, 0);
                        endFill();

        [Inspectable(defaultValue="Set in TestCase.as - does not work",
type='String')]
        function set text(str:String):Void {
                text_txt.text = str;
                invalidate();