Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 1:10 PM
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] browser will not quit!!

Try the following, should close the browser window without a prompt:

AS code:

// call javascript function closeWindow in html page
getURL("javascript:closeWindow()");

and add this script in the head of the html page created when you publish
your file (same file that loads your swf),

JS code:

<script>
function closeWindow()
{
window.open('','_parent','');
window.opener = window;
window.close();
}
</script>

This is what I use and works fine for me.

Joey