it could also be that your server doesn't have the right mime settings for
flvees
cheers

On 3/21/07, DannyT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to get some video loaded at runtime using the following:

var my_nc:NetConnection;
var my_ns:NetStream;
my_nc = new NetConnection();
my_nc.connect(null);
my_ns = new NetStream(my_nc);
curMedia = createEmptyMovieClip("videoPlayer", getNextHighestDepth());
curMedia.attachMovie("FlvManager","video", curMedia.getNextHighestDepth
());
//FLVManager is a movieclip in the library which contains an instance of
FlvPlayer called "FlvPlayer"

curMedia["video"].FlvPlayer.attachVideo(my_ns);

        my_ns.onStatus = function(infoObject)
        {
            for (var prop in infoObject)
            {
                debugRef.text += "\t"+prop+":\t"+infoObject[prop] + "\n";
//
output to textfield
        my_ns.play(this.curClient.videos[0]); // reference to video object
        debugRef.text += this.curClient.videos[0]+"\n"; // which is
outputted here and is correct

When i try to run this locally it works fine, when i try to run it online
get no status response from my_ns.
However the flv file will run when I use a video component wizard
(FLVPlayback)

Can someone suggest what is wrong or how i can debug this?

Cheers,
--
http://danny-t.co.uk