Hi,

There a presentation related to garbage collection (effective
deleting/removing) and some performance related stuff. All in relation
to AS3, but applicable in many situations:
http://www.gskinner.com/talks/resource-management/

Carl Welch> Hi Coders,

Carl Welch> I've been having problem with some the apps I've been building. The
CPU gets
Carl Welch> really bogged down like with usage often at 100%.I tend to use alot
of tween
Carl Welch> classes, load external images and XML. I've never really had a good
grasp of
Carl Welch> what to do with things regarding memory
Carl Welch> usage(programatically). I like to
Carl Welch> keep all my scripting on one frame and have function do what I need
do.

Carl Welch> Currently, I am having the problem with this project:
Carl Welch> http://www.artandsignfx.com/temp.html

Carl Welch> I programmed the "Portfolio Section". Bring up the task manager and
watch
Carl Welch> the performance graph. You can watch it start to bogg down after a
while of
Carl Welch> clicking around the portfolio section. Its loading xmls (one for
the Side
Carl Welch> Menu) and the other for the thumbnails and theire respective data.
There are
Carl Welch> quite a few createMovieClips and AttachMovieClips and some
setIntervals -
Carl Welch> which I do clear when I'm done. When I create a tween object I try
to kill
Carl Welch> it when I'm done using it with "delete myObject;" - not sure if
that even
Carl Welch> works.

Carl Welch> Can anyone offer any advice or point me in the direction of a
really good
Carl Welch> article regarding this subject?.

--
Pozdrowienia,
 BlackMail