Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately after further investigation it
appears that communication from JavaScript -> Flash is working fine,
but making calls from Flash to JavaScript are getting lost. So the
Flash code runs, then attempts to do a callback into JavaScript and
nothing happens (no JavaScript error either).